Monday, November 17, 2008

What a day

This past week was one for the books. We lost a Person some called Wife some called mother some called grandmother and most called Friend. Yes that was Barb Nicolini. My brother and I went to Florida to be with our dad at this hellish time and it was not fun. What was nice was all the friends one gathers in there life. His Friends baked, cooked and were there for my dad with love.How sad this world would be with out Family and friends. I stop to try to remember what my life was before I met my wife Sandy and it was empty. Then what it was like with out my kids and it was the same empty. You collect friends along the way some go and some stay. I have a friend that is still there. He was there from mud pie making with real mud , rock throwing , Tree climbing to marriage Godfather to Jake and to talk to about things even today. Love you bud !!!!! So with out family and friends what do we have ??? I think we don't have much. So to my family and my many friends I say I love you all and to my DAD I say you are the best and I love you and hope if you ever need me again I will be there.

4 comments:

bigvicrider said...

Very nice Norm, and I love you too. We do not see enough of each other. I have alot of free venings perhaps we could get together now and then and have a cup of coffee or something, as old friends often do. I think that might be nice. Hopefully we will talk soon. Later bud.
Keep the faith
Marky

Mark Krusen said...

We love you too Norm, and we too definitely do not see enough of each other! Nice post, and I am so very sorry for your loss. Love Cindy and Mark

ladyjane64 said...

I don't know what I would ever do without you honey. I learned one thing while you were gone those few days.... we function much better together than apart (ATM) LOL. Love ya babe!!!

Anonymous said...

You are right...we are nothing without our family and friends, especially the one friend who loves us more than anyone, and that is God..He is the best friend ever. Sorry for your loss and hope everything is going okay for everyone. In times like these we realize that life is short and we need to prioritize and not let life get too busy to include others. Love ya bro..
Donna